How To Paint A Door With Aura Grand Entrance
Sand the door with a medium-fine grit sandpaper, sanding sponge or synthetic steel wool. If your door has been previously painted, be sure to remove any peeling paint layers or high gloss areas which will interfere with adhesion of the new paint.
Remove dust, dirt, grease, and mildew with TSP, then rinse clean with water.
- Tape off the surface. Prevent drips and spatters on seams and remaining hardware.
- Prime your door. Use Fresh Start®Primer to create the ideal base surface for the new paint.
- Apply the first coat. Cut in nooks and trim with an angled brush. Use a roller for flat surfaces. Let the paint dry for 24 hours.
- Sand lightly. Use 220-grit sandpaper to smooth out the surface.
- Apply second coat. Fully cover the door for the best coverage and finish. Let the paint dry for 24 hours.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- Do not apply in direct sunlight.
- Do not apply when air and surface temperatures are below 10° C (50° F)