How To Stain A Deck With ARBORCOAT
Determine the wood you have to treat most appropriately.
New Wood: Apply Benjamin Moore Brighten and scrub the product into the wood. Power wash the surface and let it dry for 48 hours. Then sand the deck with 80-grit sandpaper.
Weathered Wood: Apply Benjamin Moore Restore with a stiff brush to clean the dingy gray layer. Rinse the deck down and apply Benjamin Moore Brighten and follow the steps for New Wood.
Flaking and Peeling Wood: Apply Benjamin Moore Remove to get rid of the old stain. Rinse the deck down, apply Benjamin Moore Brighten and follow the steps for New Wood.
- Check the weather. Ensure the next 48 hours have a rain-free forecast.
- Test the Colour. Use a scrap of wood to make sure the stain is the colour you want.
- Stain the wood. Roll stain on the deck the full length of 2-3 boards at a time. Back brush to ensure proper coverage.
- Let the stain dry. Give it 48 hours to dry completely before heavy foot traffic.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- Do not apply in direct sunlight.
- Do not apply when air and surface temperatures are below 10° C (50° F)